6/2/2021 1:42 pm
We thank our LaGuardia administration for securing such a wonderful and fitting location under challenging circumstances.
- Please attend the June 1st Parents Association meeting to vote on an allocation from the PA General Fund to support the Graduation Ceremony. The link to register for this meeting is HERE.
- IMPORTANT! If you placed a cap and gown order, please contact Alice Tse at Alitse@gmail.com, and provide the following information: Student Name, Parent Email, Parent Phone Number, Studio, Student Height.
- Please consider a voluntary donation to our Graduation Ceremony Fund by clicking HERE
Recommended donation is $100 per family but amounts of all sizes are appreciated. If you are able to be more generous, please consider a larger donation to help support families who are not in a position to donate right now. Donations are voluntary, and every senior family will be included in the ceremony.
6/2/2021 1:40 pm
LaG’s Show Choir and select Senior Dance Studio members performed in “Graduation 2021: A CNN Special Event” in a segment that aired Sunday, May 23, 7:00 pm (EDT), on CNN, CNN International, CNN en Español.
6/2/2021 1:17 pm
“LaGuardia High School is usually introduced as the inspiration for the 1980 movie “Fame,” but younger generations might favor more up-to-date references: The New York City arts school’s many alumni include Awkwafina and Ansel Elgort. This year, LaGuardia is taking its “Rising Stars” variety showcase online; so now you can try to spot the next Timothée Chalamet. Premiering June 4; allarts.org”
We pride ourselves on the professional quality of our production. However, the incredible caliber of this mostly student-led show is made possible by the support of the LaGuardia community and our friends.
Click here for NYTimes article.
Click Here to Support Us!
6/2/2021 1:15 pm
Rising Stars is LaGuardia's widely anticipated annual production showcasing the myriad talents of students from all studios. This year's theme was Behind the Mask/Stepping Out.
Official airdates for Rising Stars 2021: Behind the Mask on the WNET Group’s ALL ARTS TV CHANNEL are:
Friday, June 4th @ 4:00 pm
Saturday, June 5th @ 1:00 pm
Sunday, June 6th @ 9:00 am
On-Demand 24/7 streaming begins June 4th
4/27/2021 2:51 pm
Thank you to all of the LaGuardia families who participated in our hugely successful auction.
We raised $58,734!
The auction featured over 160 special items. This year we lowered the starting bid prices on select items so more bidders could enjoy our wonderful Auction. We were thrilled to have so many generous donations including music and dance lessons, exquisite art and jewelry, beautiful destinations, and tickets to SNL and Broadways shows.
Every bid goes directly to support scholarships for SAT/ACT test, support across classes, rehearsals and productions, Senior Dance, afterschool clubs, master classes, internships, Rising Stars production, and so much more.
4/27/2021 2:50 pm
JOIN THE PA EXECUTIVE BOARD AND KEEP IT VIBRANT!
If you have the passion for making our excellent school an even better place and can commit to the work, please consider running for a PA office.
- The only qualification to run for office is that you are a parent/guardian of a child currently attending our school. However, per the Chancellor's Regulations, DOE employees are not allowed to run, even if they have a child in the school.
- Nominations will also be accepted from the virtual floor on the night of the election.
- All elected PA Executive Board members serve a one-year term.
- SLT parent representatives serve a two-year term.
OPEN PA POSITIONS
- Co-President (Individual or slate of 2)
- Co-Vice President (2 positions)
- Treasurer (1 position)
- Assistant Treasurer (1 position)
- Secretary (1 position)
- Assistant Secretary (1 position)
- Academic Forum Chaiperson (up to 4 positions)
- Community Involvement (2 positions)
There are four (4) parent representative spots open. For SLT info, check the SLT bylaws.
ALSO CONSIDER A ROLE IN YOUR STUDIO!
Each studio has its own board of many members and conducts its own elections at a studio meeting. Contact your studio rep for details.